An industry leading clinical-stage biotechnology company is actively seeking a Head Contracts Counsel. This Massachusetts based company is publicly listed and is seeking an experienced attorney to step into a high-impact position. This individual will play a leadership role in the organization by managing the full lifecycle of contract drafting and negotiation for clinical contracts, master service agreements, licensing agreements etc. while also having a strong hand in privacy and compliance matters. This candidate will be instrumental in the build out of the Legal function.
The Head Contracts Counsel will be responsible for:
- Developing the Contract legal function and overseeing growth of contracts staff as well as the development of templates and negotiation practices.
- Preparation and negotiation of agreements including: master service agreements, clinical trial agreements, consulting agreements, license and collaboration agreements etc.
- Provide proactive counseling to clients and interface with the finance group on contract matters.
- As needed, provide legal support relating to business development, compliance, employment law, GDPR policies, and public company work.
The Head Contracts Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- JD from accredited law school and license to practice in at least one US jurisdiction
- 10+ years of experience in contracts negotiation and administration in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Additional experience in business development, compliance, employment law, with a public company
- Desire to develop and lead the contracting function
If you are interested in the Head of Contracts & Corporate Counsel role, then please don't hesitate to apply!