One of the world's largest Investment Management firms is seeking an attorney with asset management experience to join their growing legal team. This Boston based organization with nearly $1.4 Trillion AUM is looking for a Fund Counsel, responsible for providing legal, regulatory, and compliance support for Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds.
This organization has dedicated the last year to developing their Legal and Regulatory teams; and is looking for a strong leader to help push the business forward. This position will assist with legal administration services, including but not limited to SEC disclosure/registration and corporate secretarial/governance.
Some additional requirements for the Fund Counsel include (but are not limited to):
- Regularly interacting with various individuals throughout the firm such as affiliates and their teams, members of their product, legal and compliance, and fund administration and operation teams
- SEC Disclosure/Registration responsibilities such as preparing SEC filings, responding, researching, and reviewing fund disclosure documents and requirements
- Legal analysis and advice of new regulations in the asset management industry as well as ongoing regulatory advice
- Product development and corporate governance support
- JD and Bar Admission
- 5-7+ years of 1940 Investment Act experience or related business experience required
- Ability to analyze complex legal and business issues quickly while having a high level of judgement and range
- A capable team player who can work efficiently under time constraints, with varying levels of supervision, and handle projects with competing deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to analyze, advocate, and influence executives and professionals from diverse sectors
- Named Boston's most generous employer 10 years in a row
- Great warm company culture with many tenured individuals
- Competitive benefits package including tuition reimbursement and pet insurance
If this role is of interest to you, don't hesitate to apply!