I am working with a rapidly growing renewable energy company that is committed to a sustainable future. Their mission is to provide clean energy solutions that are both reliable and affordable. They are dedicated to building a better world through renewable energy and sustainable practices. As the Transactional Counsel, you will be responsible for advising the company on a wide range of legal matters related to commercial contracts, project development, and corporate governance. You will work closely with our business teams to negotiate and draft complex commercial agreements, including power purchase agreements (PPAs), engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contracts, and joint venture agreements. You will also provide guidance on regulatory compliance and risk management, including the development of strategies to mitigate risks associated with our business activities.
- Draft, negotiate, and review complex commercial contracts, including PPAs, EPC contracts, and joint venture agreements.
- Advise the company on legal matters related to project development, financing, and M&A activities.
- Provide guidance on regulatory compliance and risk management strategies.
- Support corporate governance and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with external legal counsel as needed.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the renewable energy industry and emerging trends.
- JD degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice law
- Located in San Francisco or Boston
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial and/or corporate law, with a focus on the renewable energy industry.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including PPAs and EPC contracts.
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance and risk management in the renewable energy industry.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop creative solutions to complex legal issues.
- Experience managing external legal counsel preferred.
If you are passionate about renewable energy and want to join a dynamic team that is committed to making a difference, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.