A prominent Insurance Company is actively seeking a Counsel to join their Legal team in Northern Pennsylvania. This role offers the opportunity to work with a dynamic and engaging legal team to provide legal advice on business actions and operations in compliance with appropriate laws and to manage external counsel in claims for or against the Company. In addition to an exceptional work-life balance, this role comes with a industry-leading benefits and a relocation package.
- Assist with the organization and management of Company's legal affairs
- Assist in defending the company from suits or claims, and assist in initiating legal actions to protect Company's rights against others
- Provide legal advice and support to officers and other staff on business and operational issues involving legal problems
- Prepare and review contracts, leases and other official agreements and legal documents to secure the company's interests
- Review drafts of Company's insurance policies, forms and endorsements
- Draft and review insurance contracts and related documents to ensure compliance with relevant laws, rules, order, circulars, bulletins and other legal sources
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from a reputable and accredited law school.
- 7+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house environment
- Prior experience in any of the following: regulation and operation of insurance agents or brokers, electronic payments law, commercial law, advertising and marketing, insurance regulation
- Admitted to practice, and in good standing, in at least one state; if not admitted in Pennsylvania, eligible for admission by reciprocity, limited in-house admission, or examination required
If you find this ad relevant to your experience and skills please apply, if not feel free to pass it around to anyone in your network that may be interested.