Corporate Counsel - World Renown Investment Manager
A well-established investment management company is looking to add an experienced finance attorney to their legal team. The company offers a fantastic opportunity for internal growth, great work-life balance via a hybrid schedule, and very competitive compensation package. This position will primarily focus on public fixed income and will be an integral piece for this world renown company.
- Provide advice in regard to distressed credits and support for workouts and restructurings
- Provide support to fixed income research analysts and portfolio managers on investments in syndicated leveraged loans and high yield bonds, including legal analysis of credit documents and bond indentures
- Provide internal legal advice for Barings investment and managed accounts
- Partner with cross business units on matters including product management, distribution, operations, compliance and risk functions and other members of the global legal team
- JD from highly regarded; accredited law school
- 5+ years of experience involving distressed debt, leveraged loans or corporate finance at a law firm or in-house at a financial institution
- Background in financial restructuring, special situations and distressed scenarios
- Licensed to practice law in North Carolina (or another US jurisdiction, with the ability to obtain license in North Carolina)
- Willingness to go beyond existing areas of expertise and work in new areas of law relevant to the business
- Significant interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully deal with internal colleagues, external counsel, and other third parties at senior levels
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive health benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan. We also provide a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and professional growth.
If you are a passionate and driven legal professional looking to join a distinguished investment management company in a prime location, please apply today!