A rapidly growing, biotech organization is looking for a dynamic legal counsel to join their close-knit legal department as a corporate and securities subject matter expert. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel. The Corporate Counsel will assist the Deputy General Counsel in developing a best-in-class corporate and securities function within the public company setting.
- Provide support to the General Counsel in all areas related to the Company's corporate and securities law matters and disclosure issues, including preparation of SEC registration statements; Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K; proxy statements; and Section 16 reports
- Provide advice and develop, refine, and maintain policies and procedures relating to SEC
- Support the General Counsel in preparing materials for shareholder meetings, advising the Board of Directors on corporate governance, and improving Board processes and practices, including the preparation of Board and Committee materials, minutes, D&O questionnaires and governance policy updates
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant in-house counsel experience in corporate securities and governance at a public company or at a highly reputable law firm with a focus on same.
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school and is an active member in good standing of a U.S. state bar.
- Experience advising on corporate securities, governance, finance and M&A.
- Experience working at or representing a fast-paced public or late-stage private company a huge plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with management, corporate departments and all levels of employees
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan
- Superior 401k plan
- Life and disability insurance
- Comprehensive wellness program
- Spending Accounts