We are currently seeking a Vice President of Business Compliance to lead Wholesale Bank's business compliance team. The bank is an Asia-Pacific-based firm with a budget of 1.2 million.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Overseeing the AML risk and control function, including conducting periodic and trigger event reviews, transaction monitoring, and fraud investigations.
- Actively monitoring and driving various AML and compliance-related projects, collaborating closely with stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation.
- Establishing and maintaining proper surveillance controls and an ongoing monitoring framework.
- Collaborating with the Compliance Division to stay up-to-date with updated regulatory and group requirements.
- Working with the Business and Operational Risk Management (ORM) teams to identify, analyze, and assess operational risks associated with business processes and controls.
- Assisting divisions in identifying key operational risks and managing risk levels within designated risk tolerance limits.
- Acting as an Operational Risk Partner to implement ORM initiatives and projects, such as Operational Risk Indicators, Email Content Monitoring, and Self-Assessment.
- Managing responses to KYC due diligence reviews by other banks and RFIs raised by nostro banks related to payment transactions.
- Assisting in driving internal and external audit examinations and monitoring the adoption of agreed-upon remediation measures.
- Providing advisory services to business units on AML/CFT/sanction compliance.
- Formulating internal control measures and ensuring their proper implementation.
- Formalizing and reviewing procedures for the Wholesale Bank Group to meet regulatory and internal developments.
- Streamlining processes and procedures to enhance customer and staff experience, increase productivity, and eliminate redundant processes.
Requirements for this position:
- A university degree in a business-related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant compliance experience in corporate banking.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of banking and regulatory requirements, such as the Code of Banking Practice.
- Independent with a strong sense of compliance.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.