The Contracts Paralegal will be responsible for supporting the legal department of a biotech company by handling the drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts related to the company's operations. This may include contracts for research and development, collaboration and partnership agreements, licensing and technology transfer agreements, and clinical trial agreements. The biotech contracts paralegal will also be responsible for maintaining contract databases, tracking deadlines and renewals, and coordinating with various internal departments to ensure that contracts are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a bachelor's degree in paralegal studies or a related field, as well as prior experience working as a paralegal in a biotech or pharmaceutical company. They should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently. Strong communication and negotiation skills are also essential, as this position will be responsible for interacting with both internal and external stakeholders. Familiarity with legal terminology and the biotech industry is preferred. This role will report into the Chief Operating Officer and be based in Lexington, MA. This position will provide a candidate with the ability for career advancement and opportunity to work alongside a leading biotechnology company.
- Draft, negotiate and manage a wide variety of contracts including, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, clinical trial agreements, services agreements, and vendor agreements
- Help evaluate legal and contractual risk to escalate matters should it be needed
- Ability to help aid and develop a high-volume contract management system
- Assistance in implementing new contract policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree or JD (preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, biotechnology space
- Proven ability to maintain organization and handle multiple projects effectively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and document management systems
If this sounds like a good fit for you, do not hesitate to apply!