A leading Global Asset Manager is seeking an Associate General Counsel reporting directly into senior leadership with direct exposure to the General Counsel. This position will be responsible for all public company work at the Firm with a particular focus on providing apt legal counsel on all corporate and public company issues as they arise. The Associate General Counsel must have deep knowledge of public company governance, relevant federal securities laws, and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the rules/regulations thereunder. You will be part of a strong Legal team in which you will have significant growth opportunities and the chance to have a high-level of impact and autonomy.
Key Responsibilities of the Associate General Counsel:
- Corporate governance and compliance, including preparation of corporate reports and filings and correspondence with the NYSE
- Continuous and direct interaction with management and board members
- The drafting, preparation, and review of SEC filings
- Support senior counsel handling general corporate matters including: compensation and employment matters, vendor and commercial contracts, international subsidiaries and affiliates, etc.
Some additional qualifications for the Legal Counsel include (but are not limited to):
- 4+ years of legal experience as an in-house counsel or top law firm working on corporate matters
- Comprehensive knowledge of securities laws as they apply to public companies
- Working directly with clients
- Experience with securities transactions (including the Securities Act of 1933) and an understanding of capital markets is a plus
- JD, Qualified Law School