We are currently partnering with a Global Investment Management firm that is continuing their exciting legal build-out and seeking to add an Associate General Counsel. This individual will support the Venture Capital & Growth Equity business and be a key point of contact as the firm continues its exponential growth and expands its platform in the space. You will work directly with leadership and have visibility across the organization as well as have the ability to work with Venture Capital & Growth Equity clients and investment products on various deals.
- Assist the General Counsel in structuring venture capital and growth equity funds
- Point person in managing negotiation and execution of documentation, including side letters, subscription documents, equity financing documents, term sheets and letters of intent & SEC filings.
- Assist in reviewing placement memoranda and partnership agreements for investments in venture capital and growth equity funds.
- Negotiate and draft documentation to execute secondary purchases and sales of fund interests and shares in start-up companies, co-investments, and direct investments
- Ability to manage outside counsel; Build strategic relationships with stakeholders
- JD from a top tier law school
- 5-8 years of experience within private practice or in-house environment
- Transactional/M&A deal experience
- Venture Capital experience
If you are interested in the Associate General Counsel position, feel free to reach out with an updated copy of your resume.
** Open to the position sitting in their Baltimore, Washington D.C., or San Diego Office**