A dynamic and growing Real Estate Company is looking to hire an Associate General Counsel to support the continuing growth of the company and specifically the legal department. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring that the company's real estate operations are conducted within the bounds of applicable laws and regulations. This candidate will lead and be responsible for all legal aspects of the Company's real estate transaction activity.
- Review, draft, and negotiate various real estate contracts, including purchase agreements, lease agreements, and development agreements
- Provide legal advice and counsel for acquisitions, dispositions, and joint venture collaborations.
- Work with the General Counsel and acquisition team in structuring complex transactions; identify risks and concerns while presenting potential alternatives and solutions to challenging deal matters.
- Provide legal support and strategic thinking for corporate governance, lending, securities and management activities
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Active membership in good standing with the state bar association.
- Minimum of 5 years of legal experience in real estate law, preferably in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, and communication skills
- Demonstrated successful leadership and collaboration with colleagues and ability to develop solutions with effective presentation of risks.