A leading global insurance organization is looking to add an Assistant General Counsel who will provide advice and counsel to their US Life Insurance business group. You will have the opportunity to be a part of the management leadership team within their Life Insurance business. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel, US Life Insurance.
- 8+ years of experience as a lawyer in the life insurance/annuity or related industry, in house and/or private practice with a focus on life insurance
- Demonstrated knowledge of product design and development, operations related to financial products and/or the marketing/sales of life insurance products
- Experience with a large multinational law firm and/or in-house legal department
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Admittance to the NY, TX or CA bar
- Drafting and review of insurance contracts filed with the state insurance departments, advising traditional and digital marketing areas, producer and policy holder call centers, policy owner servicing and claims administration as well as insurance regulatory, legislative and compliance matters
- General contract review, contract drafting and negotiation in relation to ordinary course transactions and business initiatives, drafting of policies and procedures in relation to corporate and business unit initiatives, support of state legislation tracking and related matters and special projects
If you could be interested, don't hesitate to apply.